The club lake and surroundings offer a wonderful environment for you to enjoy your sailing experience and more. The mainly South-westerly winds provide excellent sailing conditions and the well equipped clubhouse, rescue and bespoke training facilities make Bala one of the most popular sailing venues in the UK.
- The biggest stretch of inland water in Wales at 3.6 miles long by 0.7 miles wide covering 1100 acres
- Excellent hill walking, climbing, cycling, whitewater rafting and world-class facilities for golf, wind-surfing, canoeing and mountain biking. Here is a view of the lake from Aran Fawddwy:
- Camping/caravan sites and the amenities of Bala town within a short walk of the club - click here
- Many and varied local attractions including shopping, history, local industry, nature and wildlife
- An area of outstanding natural beauty and a Site of Special Scientific Interest
- Predominantly South-westerly winds make for excellent sailing conditions
- A variety of long and short courses to suit wind conditions, sailing ability and dinghy classes